Oszukiwać - to cheat

Oszukiwać...

...is to cheat.  As in: to cheat in an exam (intransitive verb - ie no direct object)

...is to deceive or trick someone (transitive - the someone tricked is the direct object)


Oszukiwałem - I cheated (male speaking)

Oszukiwalam - I cheated (female speaking)

Nie oszukuj! - Don't cheat!

Oszukał go/ją/cię/mnie - He deceived him/her/you/me

Oszukała go/ją/cię/mnie - She deceived him/her/you/me

  

This differs from cheating on someone.

Zdradzić (impf)    Zdradzać (pf)

To betray / cheat on (sb)

Perfective past tense:

On ją zdradził - He cheated on her

Zdradziła go - She cheated on him

Zdradził go - He cheated on him

Zdradziła ją - She cheated on her

Imperfective present tense:

Zdradzam go / ją / cię - I am cheating on him / her / you

Zdradzasz go / ją / mnie - You are cheating on him / her / me

On/Ona   go/ją/cię/mnie   zdradza -  He/She is cheating on him/her/you/me

Nie zdradzaj mnie! - Don't betray / cheat on me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To get a cob on - co to znaczy?

Poznańskie Muzeum Pyry - The Poznań Spud Museum

Nail Polish