Zauważyłem, że - I've noticed that... Also Wpadać - to bump into someone

Notes on conversational phrases.

Quite often, in conversation, or to start off I conversation, I might say "I've noticed that..."

The polish equivalent is - (♂)  Zauważyłem, że...

                                          (♀)  Zauważyłam, że...

So, recently, I was talking to a woman about music and when she spoke about dancing, her face lit up and she looked so happy.  The next time I bumped* into her I said

- Zauważyłem, że wyglądasz szczęśliwa, gdy mówisz o tańcu.

"I've noticed that you look happy when you talk about dancing."

[The locative form follows the preposition o]


*To bump into someone.  There is a similar expression in Polish.  I think, literally, it means to fall into someone.  It is:

- Wpadać na kogoś 

and the person or thing you bump into takes the accusative form.  Please note: I'm a chap, so below I am using the masculine form of the past tense for wpadłem, if a woman is telling us she bumped into someone, she says wpadłam.

I bumped into Klaudia => Wpadłem na Klaudię

I bumped into Kinga => Wpadłem na Kingę

I bumped into Mateusz => Wpadłem na Mateusza

I bumped into her => Wpadłem na

Comments

  1. wyglądasz na szczęśliwą , wpadłem na nią . to prawidłowe formy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To get a cob on - co to znaczy?

Poznańskie Muzeum Pyry - The Poznań Spud Museum

Nail Polish