pozostały / drugi / inny - other

 Although inny means other, it's not always the best word to use when we would say other.  Often, another, different would would be best.  In fact, inny is more like the words different and another.

For example, if I have been talking about one daughter, then talk about the other daughter, I would use the word druga for other and drugi if talking about sons, brothers etc.

Drugi can mean: second / the other (of two) / the other (opposite)

If I have been talking about one person of a group, like one of my children, then talk about the others, instead of using the plural of drugi (drudzy) I would use pozostałe (the non virile plural form of pozostały) effectively saying the remaining / rest of the children - pozostałe dzieci.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To get a cob on - co to znaczy?

Poznańskie Muzeum Pyry - The Poznań Spud Museum

Nail Polish