Ah! I follow you! Rozumiem

I was chatting to a Polish acquaintance about ways to say that you understand.  In English there is the simple:

I understand - rozumiem, in Polish.

but we often mix things up and say:

I follow you.  

The closest equivalent to using a word that sounds like you are following someone on a journey through what they are telling you, uses the verb for travelling on foot: chodzić

Wiem o co chodzi - which seems to mean, I know what's going on

Other phrases with chodzi:

Chodzi o to... - the point is...

Chodzi mi o to - I mean it.

Możesz mi wytłumaczyć o co chodzi...? - Can you explain...?

Nie mam pojęcia o co ci chodzi - I have no idea what you are talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To get a cob on - co to znaczy?

Poznańskie Muzeum Pyry - The Poznań Spud Museum

Nail Polish